Peanut Butter and Jam/Chocolate Bars
Original recipe by My Baking Addiction
A few notes:
- So I'll give you the recipe I used to make 2 rounds; one jam and one chocolate. Of course if you only want to make one or the other, just halve the amounts.
- My preferred J-as in-am, to go with the PB, is strawberry but most berry-ey ones go well...blueberry is divIIINe, as is cherry.
Makes lots and lots of bars
You will need
2x18cm loose bottomed tins, greased and bases lined
225g butter, at room temperature
330g caster sugar
4 heaped tbsps peanut butter
375g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 heaped tbsp each of jam and Nutella
90g salted peanuts
- First things first...get that oven on to 180°c.
- Now to cream the butter and sugar until pale and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and peanut butter until you had a lovely light coffee coloured paste.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in so everything gets well combined.
- Split 2/3 of the mixture between the 2 tins and press down into the base of each.
- Now for the yum factor...spread the jam of the top of the mixture in one tin and Nutella in the other.
- Split the remaining peanut butter mix between the 2 tins. It wont spread over the slippy jam or chocolate easily so just go for a blobbing method and it'll spread out in the oven.
- Sprinkle the peanuts over the top of both sets of mixture.
- Pop the tins on a baking sheet to prevent any sugary spillages and bake in your preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- When you've got 2 lovely golden and firm discs, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a while before removing them from their tins, slicing and sharing (just remember to snaffle).